Sage Parts is the world’s largest supplier of GSE (Ground Support Equipment) and airport-related equipment replacement parts with operations in The United States, Canada, Chile, France, Hong Kong, Singapore, Macau, Peru, South Africa, The Netherlands, and The United Kingdom. Sage Parts supplies replacement parts and accessories for all types and brands of GSE. Sage provides supply chain management, on-site supply services, single-source supply, logistics solutions, engineering solutions, and other cost reduction programs.
The Purchasing Expeditor role is primarily clerical and includes a great deal of process and follow up, and relies heavily upon knowledge and experience in the daily problem resolution process.
- Minimum1 to 2 years purchasing experience
- Knowledge and Experience within the Automotive or Industrial market
- Fluent in Written and Spoken English. Additional languages are beneficial and would be considered an advantage
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Good Microsoft Excel Skills for daily use
- Excellent Data Entry skills
Essential Job Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations:
- Expedite/follow up purchase orders to improve or confirm expected delivery dates as required by supervision or business needs
- Problem resolution for accounting and receiving discrepancies, particularly with respect to communication with the suppliers for purchase orders the buyer placed
- Creating and maintaining documentation/records of communication with the supplier
- Advising supervision of decisions made to solve pricing/lead time problems that were outside of the typical / norm
- Monitoring inventory performance with regard to service levels and making recommendations to management to improve performance or prevent future issues
- Work well within a Team oriented environment
- Typically problems will be brought to the attention of the local supervision for guidance, except where guidelines (or precedents) have been set to allow the incumbent to resolve the issue.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Full COVID-19 vaccination required by hire date.
- Purchasing: 1 year (Required)
- Automotive/Industrial: 1 year (Preferred)
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- MS Office — Excel, etc.: 1 year (Preferred)
- Negotiation: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location