Sage Parts is the world’s largest supplier of GSE (Ground Support Equipment) and airport-related equipment replacement parts with operations in The United States, Canada, Chile, France, Hong Kong, Singapore, Macau, Peru, South Africa, The Netherlands, and The United Kingdom. Sage Parts supplies replacement parts and accessories for all types and brands of GSE. Sage provides supply chain management, on-site supply services, single-source supply, logistics solutions, engineering solutions and other cost reduction programs.
Summary of the Position:
The A/R Associate will support the Finance Department by recording and applying cash receipts, ensuring that they are entered on a timely and accurately and any discrepancies are followed up with the customer. This position will handle a high volume of cash receipts, customer account reconciliations, statement of account preparation and taking credit card payments. Below is a detailed list that includes, but is not limited to, the basic job responsibilities, specifications and qualifications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Cash Receipts – entry of all cash receipts for multiple companies and currencies. Address any short payments
2. Intercompany Receipts — entry of all inter-co transactions
3. Billings – perform summary billing for customers on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis (online billing).
4. Freight – weekly invoicing of freight. Reconciliation of the freight invoice system and freight billing to ensure completeness
5. Printing and mailing – customer invoices as needed
6. Customer Maintenance – Maintain customer set-up and changes in customer profile.
7. Credit Card Processing – Process credit cards and settle all transactions daily for USD and CAD.
8. Customer Statements – prepare and send out customer statements
9. Review – Research, investigate and follow up on customer account issues, including unapplied, on account and prepaid amounts
10. Development – Continue to improve and develop processes for better efficiency and accuracy
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel/Expected Work hours
This position does not require travel. Some flexibility is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours Monday thru Friday. Hours beyond the “core” works hours may be required as job duties demand.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, filing cabinets.
This position will require the employee to be stationary for long periods of time. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is constantly operating a computer and other office productivity machinery. Employees will be required to communicate with co-workers and vendors frequently by phone or in-person and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 10lbs.
Education and Qualifications:
· Minimum 5 years of Accounts Receivable experience in a high-volume environment with a distribution, retail or service organization
· Excellent Data Entry Skills
· Very Strong Excel skills a must
· Attention to detail and accuracy a must
· Cash Receipts Experience
· Billings Experience.
· Credit Card Processing Experience
· Accounting degree preferred
· Work well under pressure
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities of the individual in this job.
Management may assign additional duties at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to be COVID 19 vaccinated upon start date.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Accounts receivable: 5 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location