LOCATION: Melville, NY
Job Type: Full-time
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join our Finance team in our Global Headquarters in Melville, NY.
Summary of the Position:
AP Associate will support the Finance Department by reconciling vendor accounts and ensuring that all invoices are entered timely and accurately. This position will handle a high volume of invoice discrepancies, vendor reconciliations, open Purchase Order and RPT review, credit card reconciliations and expense report processing. Below is a detailed list that includes, but is not limited to, the basic job responsibilities, specifications and qualifications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Vendor Reconciliations – manage vendor statements to ensure that all invoices have been processed and resolve any purchase order, invoice and payment discrepancies.
2. Credit Card Reconciliations – ensure that all credit card transactions are properly recorded and up to date for each month-end close.
3. Expense Reporting – reviewing all approved expense reports and importing into ERP.
4. Invoice Processing – entering all non PO invoices for expenses such as rent, professional fees, utility bills and car leases.
5. Payments – responsible for selecting vendor payments on weekly cash requirements and preparing payments for review and approval.
6. Purchase Order and RPT review – regular review and audit of the open purchase orders and RPTs older than 90 days. Requesting credits or refunds as applicable.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel/Expected Work hours
This position does not require travel. Some flexibility is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours Monday thru Friday. Hours beyond the “core” works hours may be required as job duties demand.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, filing cabinets.
This position will require the employee to be stationary for long periods of time. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is constantly operating a computer and other office productivity machinery. Employees will be required to communicate with co-workers and vendors frequently by phone or in-person and must be able to exchange accurate information in this situation. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 10lbs.
Education and Qualifications:
- Three plus years experience of Accounts Payable inventory processing
- Experience with multi-locations, multi-currencies and companies a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Self-starter who is result driven that can meet deadlines
- Highly organized with great attention detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skillset
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced work environment
- Proven interpersonal skills, professional demeanor
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities of the individual in this job.
Management may assign additional duties at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Benefits Offered Include: Medical, Dental, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401k, Vision, Flexible Spending, AFLAC plans, Paid time off. EOE.